Friday, 8 July 2011

McCalls Playsuit Continued....

So this is where I finished last time, I had fully constructed the top and this what it looked like before attaching the bottoms.
I then started on the shorts by attaching the side front pockets, 

and then attaching the bottoms together at the crotch seam, 

Sewing the sides came next, and then I tried the shorts on.

The next stage was to stitch the top & bottoms together at the waistline, the pattern then calls for you to use the seam allowance to create a casing to push elastic through which was probably the least fun part of this project, but I got there in the end.
Then the last part was to hem the shorts & voila!

I think i'm going to add some hook & eye closures on the inside of the wrapped bodice as i'm worried about flashing my bra to people! 
The only negative point I have about this pattern is that the shorts sit quite high, which is probably because the patterns asks you create a 2.5cm waistline seam, which leaves it all feeling a bit restricted. It's also a slight challenge getting the bodice on and off, so the next time i make this (which i will be) I need to bear these details in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment