Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Things I Love Thursday (On a Friday)

How has everyones week been?
Apologies for the lack of posting recently, however I have been dying to share some of my favourite things from the blogosphere this week.

There have been two wonderful tutorials this week that I will definitely be trying for myself when I get the time. The first is Colette Pattern's scalloped hem tutorial


Here they've used it on a top, but I would be more inclined to use it on a skirt or dress, or as Casey from Elegant Musings has done, on a waistband. Scallops are EVERYWHERE at the moments, and I'm very keen on trying this for myself!
The second tutorial is from the lovely Gertie who has shared with us how to make a shirred back dress. Click here for Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

I've also bought myself some awesome new sunglasses from Asos, after seeing Andi B. Goode's post here. She wears mint green ones, but I knew the tan ones were for me!


I also saw these, and fell in love!


If you haven't heard already Victoria Beckham has launched a new fashion collection. Now, I'm not really one for high fashion (unless it's McQueen or Miu Miu) but I quite liked the images that have been released so far. Her vision for this collection was to create a set of ultra feminine & fun looking dresses rather than her usual tailored look. I'm not too fond of the green one, as it looks a bit like a carrier bag, but the others are very sweet. It will also still cost the average woman a months wages or so :(




Oh and speaking of Miu Miu, have you seen the latest publicity shots featuring Hailee Steinfeld? 
I'm in love......







Hopefully will actually have some sewing posts ready this weekend, as I am home alone and plan on being hunched over my machine!
Hope you all have lovely weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment