Sunday, 12 June 2011

Burda Bikini Pt 2

The bra is finished!
I have to say this is taking much longer than I thought it would, my time for sewing this week as severely decreased! It also didn't help that I stumbled across a couple of problems with the pattern, in the end I just found the instructions so vague and unhelpful I just made it up as I went along, and it's come out looking quite good.

I had to make a few changes as I went along, such as the straps they give you were no where near long enough, I had to add 3" onto the end. I also decided not to have the bikini clasp fastening, as I will mainly be wearing this as a sort of pyjama twin set type thing! So instead I shirred the back on the pattern piece that would've been used with the clasp. I did find however that the fit around the bust was loose, so I ended up taking in about 1/2" either side. After this, it fit like a glove! I've made a small start on the bottoms and will hopefully (no promises) be finishing them today depending on how many alterations I find myself having to do!
Here are some close ups of the finished bra,

No comments:

Post a Comment