Pages

Sunday 19 June 2011

The Sunday Times

Evening All!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!
I had another busy one yet again! 
Friday night saw the opening of my fiances architecture exhibition which gave me the chance to see what he's been up to all year whilst he's been spending late nights at his studio! It was a pleasant evening (made better by free beer & wine) which was then followed by a trip to the newly opened 'Jamie's Italian' in Gunwharf Quays. 

Saturday was the opening day of a two day tattoo convention happening in the main square here in Portsmouth. I had a great day wondering around the guildhall (below) meeting other tattooists & enthusiasts


from all over the UK & Europe. I also got to watch my fiance get tattooed by our regular tattooist as he very bravely sat for 5 hours while getting his ribs done! 
Today has been a day of catching up with my sewing/designing whilst beginning another new project.



I quickly sketched this out this morning from an idea i've been carrying around in my head for a while. I decided to catch on to the bandwagon of having a cutout back, but went for a more subtle deep scoop instead of a heart or a diamond. It will be made more interesting (and more girly) by including some straps into the bodice which will be tied into a bow. 
I've started on the bodice which is being made in a grey/pink floral cotton i've had sitting in my stash for ages, and is lined with plain black cotton. The bodice parts are all ready to be joined together at the neckline which i'll carry on with tomorrow night!


I've also put a couple more dresses up on Ebay for auction this week, 

1960's White Mini Dress

1960's Lemon Shift Dress

and I managed to find this beauty also on Ebay which I'll be using when i've created my Forties inspired patterns!


I'm still working my way through my new Forties Fashion book, which I plan on sharing at some point this week! Hope you all have a great start to the week!








No comments:

Post a Comment