This weekend has been quite chilled compared to most. I managed to spend all day today in front of my sewing machine, churning out this little number using Butterick 5209 which is a 1947 re-print.
I decided to use my nautical printed cotton viscose, which is very pleasant to work with.
This is the first time I've used this pattern, and I found it really easy to use. I decided to make the version that has capped sleeves, as it would be more wearable. I didn't have to make any alterations which came as a nice surprise, and it fits really well!
The shape of this dress is very flattering, and includes gathering at the bust, a gathered skirt, and a side zipper.