Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Project for this week..

This week I will mainly be continuing with my grey/pink floral dress.
I already had the bodice pieced together ready for the neck line to be sewn, and I have attached a black pointed peter pan collar,

and some straps inserted into the bodice so I can create a bow in the cutout back piece. I kept the skirt gathered but included some side seam pockets using the same floral cotton. I did toy with the idea of having a pleated skirt, but I was lazy and stuck with the gathering. 

All thats left is to insert the zipper, sew the armholes and hem the bottom. Although I am quite tempted to use the square sleeve pattern I used for this dress, just to make it a bit more interesting. 

I've started doing a few sketches this week for my 1940s fashion collection, and will hopefully have some things to show you in the next week or so!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment