Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Finished Project: Butterick 612


What d'ya think?
All in all, considering I went straight for it and didn't do a muslin, I don't think the fit is too bad.
I think next time I'll make the bust darts a little longer as I feel there is a bit of excess fabric around my chest. I'm also quite surprised at how many buttons it absorbed! Count them, there's 9!
Originally there was just 5, but I had some gaping issues.


The fit around the hips however, is perfect for me. Not too tight, but not too baggy and the cut gives a flattering 'hourglass' shape.
I think the next time I use this pattern I'll probably use something slightly thicker, or maybe just go to the extra effort of lining it if the fabric is a little see through like the gingham.


So for this weeks theme of 'Red' over at Sew Weekly, and in honour of Valentines Day, I paired the top with a red bangle from my collection, red lips & a red paisley bandana (which my husband loves to see me wear!). As my fabric was gingham and for some reason I can only associate this fabric with hot weather, I teamed it with some denim capris and tennis shoes.


I can definitely see this top getting a bit of wear in the warmer months, and I'm glad I finally used it for something!







3 comments:

  1. These tops are so useful! Great job, and your Ink is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this top. I used to wear red gingham dresses to school so it reminds me of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fabulous and looks perfect with the bandana and pedal pushers!

    ReplyDelete