After sorting through everything for this challenge, it really spurred me on to get something started. I thought i'd start with a simple blouse, and instead of making a shirt I opted for this instead.
Simple, versatile and quick to sew. I decided to use the orange and blue squared polyester I had, which was originally intended for a dress. I soon realised however, that I don't wear a lot of white or cream and I knew it would be such a waste of fabric to make a whole dress that I probably wouldn't wear that often.
You'll have to excuse my face in some of the snaps, I look a little washed out/tired!
I also once again, had a little visit from Milo who was totally engrossed in sniffing that particular part of the lawn. We get a few cats hopping through our garden time to time so I'm guessing someone enfringed on his 'territory'!
The top itself is super easy to put together, and has a button closure at the back. You might be able to see that the front of the blouse features 4 small pleats, and there's the obligatory yoke and gathering of the bodice that's so popular in 1940's clothing.
To give myself a more 'authentic' look I tried out this tutorial on how to create a faux bang, which is surprisingly easy, even with a side fringe!
I also had a bit of time to make the same blouse in the last of my polka dot fabric which was spare from this dress.
I had to leave it sleeveless however as there wasn't enough fabric, but it's still perfect as a work blouse and it fits in with my colour palette!